I have been contacted by Felix Sears, a Bo’ness member who has shared a painting that was recently done of him in his Speedex coming up the Bo’ness track last year. The painting was created from a photo taken on the day and I think has turned out very well. The Artist’s name is Andrew Kitson ( andrewkitson.com ) who specializes in Motor racing painting.
Thank you Felix, for sharing the painting.
Saltire Rally Club are still seeking marshals for the 2017 Saltire Classic Rally being held on 5th March 2017.
The event this year will start and finish at the Scotland’s Hotel, Pitlochry
The event consists of a 100 mile road event, which will include 18 tests and 4 Regularities on a variety of surfaces. The rally will finish back at the Scotland’s Hotel in Pitlochry where a two course meal will be laid on for all marshals. If you are available to help out on the day, or if you know of anyone who would be willing to help could you please let the Saltire rally club know by one of the following means.
Phone: 01555 666084 / 07725 652994
We are now accepting memberships for 2017. The membership fee is £30 for 2017. Forms can be downloaded for members renewing and for enthusiasts who would like to join BHCR. Renewal forms have been sent out to all members but you can download the attached form now to renew your membership or join the club.
For those with computers payments can now be made via the website. Payments are taken by paypal
Although the minimum entry fee is £30 there is no maximum fee! The club’s committed policy of improving the Revival Meeting from one year to the next means that we require more funds to carry out the improvements necessary. Our focus for 2017 will be to extend the paddock parking areas and look at ways of improving the overall layout of the venue to make access for spectators easier. All this eats into our Club’s funds, so more than ever your Membership Fee is very important to the club and any additional contributions will be most welcome.”
BHCR Membership Benefits
- Free spectator entry to the Revival Meetings on production of your Membership Card
- Membership of an MSA and SACU approved club with membership card
- A quarterly Bulletin available only to members and not available on the BHCR website.
- A copy of the annual full colour souvenir photo-book of the Revival Meeting
- Two BHCR window stickers advertising the 2017 Revival meeting
- A reduction of £5 from the entry fee for each of the hill climbs (£10)
- The opportunity to assist the club up to and during the 2017 Revival Meeting
- Your Membership Fee helps to maintain, support and improve the oldest Scottish Motor Racing venue
To join either fill in the forms below or use the online form :
The date for the 10th Revival Meeting has been Confirmed as the 2nd and 3rd of September 2017. Make sure you mark this date in your diary as you won’t want to miss Scotland’s biggest and best historic motor racing event.